Maternal Infant Health Program - Wayne, Oakland & Macomb Counties
MIHP is Michigan's largest home visiting program for Medicaid-eligible pregnant women and infants. Each MIHP agency works to support healthy pregnancies, positive birth outcomes, as well as healthy infants.
What does it do?
MIHP provides home visitation support and care coordination for pregnant women and infants on Medicaid.
Services are intended to supplement regular prenatal/infant care and to assist healthcare providers in managing the beneficiary's health and well being
What are its purpose?
- To promote healthy pregnancies, positive birth outcomes, and healthy infant growth and development
- To improve the health and well-being of Medicaid eligible pregnant women and infants through a standardized, system-wide process
- To decrease infant mortality as part of Michigan's strategic plan
What are the program components?
- Required services are provided by Registered Nurse and a Licensed Social Worker
- Uses evidence based, comprehensive Maternal Infant Risk Identifiers
- Consists of standardized training, forms, interventions and plans of care
- Uses a Care Coordination Approach
- Requires communication with Medicaid Providersa nd Medicaid Health Plans
- Has a statewide database for Risk Identifiers and Discharge Summaries
What does the participant receive?
- Risk identifier and up to 9 visits for the mom
- Risk identifier and up to 9 visits for the infant and an additional 9 with physician's order. Substance exposed infants may receive up to 18 additional visits
- Assistance with childbirth/parenting education and transportation
- It is illegal and unethical for staff to offer incentives to individuals in return for program enrollment. If any staff offered you free or discounted items to join the program, please click here to email Cynthia Finnegan, LMSW - CEO.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining the program, please call 313-208-3407 for more information.
Taken from: http://www.michigan.gov/mihp
Medicaid Beneficiary hotline 1-800-642-3195